The Delano Police Department's Records Division
maintains and secures records and provides a variety of services to citizens including:
- Providing information and copies of requested reports to authorized persons including victims, their representatives, and insurance companies
- Vehicle releases to authorized persons
- Serve as a relay station for animal control
- Process dance / parade permits
- Process sex / narcotics / arson registrations
- Provide clearance letters and background checks
Public Safety Dispatch
The Delano Police Department operates its own Public Safety Dispatch Center
, and it is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. This center is the hub for all police related matters, and when you call the Police Department, you most probably will be speaking with one of our dispatchers.
Each dispatcher attends a State of California certified dispatcher training course, and routinely attend state-wide training to enhance their skills to provide you with the best service possible.
The Delano Police Department also has a trained tactical dispatcher who works with our Critical Response Unit when it is activated.