- Transportation Services
- Delano Area Rapid Transit (DART)
- DART Fixed Routes
- Discounted Fare Eligibility
Discounted Fare Eligibility
Discounted Fare EligibilityIf you're a senior citizen, person with a disability or Medicare cardholder you can enjoy greater traveling freedom and lower fares. When you ride with DART, you can save one-half of the regular one-way fare.
People Who Can Use the ProgramSpecial rates are available for senior citizens 61 years of age or older, persons with disabilities, and Medicare cardholders. Personal care assistants (PCA) ride for free when proper identification is presented with the person with a disability. And you don’t need to be a California resident to be eligible for the program.
Reduced FareYou can ride on DART at the reduced rate. Many other transit operators operating in the area and state also participate in the program.
When is Reduced Fare in Effect?Senior citizens 61 and older, Medicare card holders, and people with disabilities may take advantage of the reduced fare all day during service hours.
How to Ride for LessPassengers with disabilities; simply show your valid:
- Birth certificate
- DART Seniors and Persons with Disabilities Discount Card
- Delano Area Dial-A-Ride Eligibility Card or Medicare Card to the bus operator and present the appropriate fare
- DMV placard
- Passport or other transit agency discount card
- State or government issued identification card
Applying for an DART Seniors & Persons With Disabilities Discount CardDART Seniors and Persons with Disabilities Discount Card are available at Delano Station or by downloading the application form and mailing certification information to:
1120 Glenwood St.
Delano, CA 93215
There is no charge for the card. Persons must be age 61 years old and older, have a disability or have a Medicare card to be eligible for the card and the discount.
Application ProcessPlease fill out the application to the best of your ability:
- Use the correct name, address, and phone number of your physician is required
- Any incorrect information may cause possible delays in processing your application
Eligible applicants will receive an ID card through the mail within 21 days after applying or may obtain a card that day, when visiting Delano Station.