City Sales & Use Tax

Sales Tax

Effective January 1, 2017 the current City of Delano's tax rate will be 8.25%.

(Effective January 1, 2017 the California tax lowers to 7.25% our add on Measure I is 1.0% giving the total of 8.25%)

To view current rates within the County please see Board of Equalization.

In November 2007, Measure I was passed by the residents of Delano, CA which enacted a sales tax rate increase of 1%, which sets on April of 2018. The proceeds of which shall be used for essential general services including but not limited to police and fire services, streets, parks and recreation, and other General Fund services.  In November 2016, Measure U was passed by the residents of Delano, CA, which extends the current sales tax rate of 1% for an additional 10 years which now extends to March 31, 2028. 

An Oversight Committee is established in conjunction with Measure I.

This sales tax rate effects all areas within the City of Delano City Limits.

Please refer to a map of the City for a detailed view or a list of the Street Ranges within the City.

Use tax, like sales tax, helps fund vital services in our community to get a better understanding we are encouraging residents to visit State BOE

City of Delano Sales Tax Digest Summary

Fiscal Year 2012-2013:                                     Fiscal Year 2016-2017:

Collections through September 2012                 Collections through September 2016
Collections through December 2012                  Collections through December 2016
Collections through March 2013
Collections through June 2013

Fiscal Year 2013-2014
Collections through September 2013
Collections through December 2013
Collections through March 2014
Collections through June 2014

Fiscal Year 2014-2015
Collections through September 2014
Collections through December 2014
Collections through March 2015
Collections through June 2015

Fiscal Year 2015-2016
Collections through September 2015
Collections through December 2015
Collections through March 2016
Collections through June 2016